Platinum Transportation Services, LLC (also referred to as “Platinum”) collects different information about the various parties who may utilize its services. This includes information about suppliers, consumers, agents and resellers. There are 6 broad categories of information that we collect:
- Information we require to supply our services. When you first sign up or contract with Platinum Transportation Services, LLC for our services, or when you make an inquiry about our services, we request information such as your name, address, telephone number, domain name, email details of your primary and secondary contacts, credit card details (if you are paying online). We may also ask for your age and gender. We may also monitor and/or record telephone conversations with you from time to time in order to train staff and to improve our service to you.
- Other demographic information. If you respond voluntarily to our surveys or other interactive communications, we collect the responses and use the information to improve the quality and range of Platinum Transportation Services, LLC products and services.
- Personal information stored on a web site hosted by Platinum Transportation Services, LLC. Platinum will have personal information stored on our servers due to the fact that we host web sites of other organizations. Any information that is submitted to or collected by these organizations will be physically located on a Platinum server. This information, whether voluntarily provided or not, will not be used or released by Platinum in any manner, and it will be kept strictly confidential, unless we are required to release the information by law.
- Information about consumers. Platinum may gather and store information about consumers and their transactions in connection with the provision of its services. This may include information including the identity of consumers, details of the bookings they have made and all other information that is convenient in relation to the provision of its services.
- Information about agents and resellers. Platinum may gather and store information about agents and resellers and their transactions with suppliers in connection with the provision of our services. This may include information relevant to tracking the sales of products by each agent or reseller and all other information about agents and resellers convenient in relation to the provision of our services.
- All the above types of information and any other information we may gather about you, your customers, your suppliers and your agents and resellers is hereafter referred to as your “personal information”.
Use of Your Personal Information
We collect and use your personal information to operate our web site and deliver our services to you. We will use your personal information to provide you with: technical support, billing and credit control, sales support, product upgrades and information. In the case of parties who have opted to use the Platinum Transportation Services, LLC Marketplace your personal information will also be used in connection with the provision of these services to you.
When you contract with Platinum Transportation Services, LLC for our services or make enquiries of our services, you will be requested to provide your consent to us to send promotional material to you. If you consent to receipt of promotional material, we will use your personal information to provide you with promotional material. You may stop the delivery or “opt out” of future promotional email from Platinum by following the specific instructions in the email you receive. These instructions will tell you how to remove your name from our promotional email list.
We may use your personal information to:
- contact you in relation to upgrading your use of our services, special offers (from us, or on behalf of third parties), with newsletters, surveys, and individual service audits. We may give extracts of our customer lists containing personal information to third party contractors to do this on our behalf. We will ensure that those contractors are bound to protect your personal information to the same standard that we are.
- identify the source of new customers to Platinum;
- monitor and address complaints, other feedback, and to resolve disputes;
- in the case of credit cards, to bill you for services;
- to verify your identity;
- maintain a technical and account history of your dealings with us, and to re-establish your account with us where you rejoin as a customer within 12 months after having terminated your account;
- monitor your compliance and other terms and conditions;
- comply with our reporting and other obligations to third party licensors (such as reporting to software suppliers the number and identity of software licenses we have issued as part of our products).
In addition, for parties who have opted to use the Platinum Transportation Services, LLC Marketplace, your personal information will also be used in connection with the provision of these services to you. This may include the release of your personal information to the parties to transactions with you for the purpose of giving effect to those transactions. For example, we are authorized to release to consumers the personal information required for the issue of consumer booking vouchers, and we are authorized to release to agents or resellers the personal information required to determine and account for their commission entitlements from suppliers.
We will treat all information we collect from suppliers, consumers, agents and resellers as strictly confidential. Platinum does not rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. We will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, license, share or pass onto any third party (other than those who are contracted or supply services to Platinum including of spam filter operators), any of your personal information unless we have your express consent to do so, other than in the circumstances set out in the next paragraph.
We will disclose your personal information, without notice or your consent, only:
- where we in good faith believe that it is appropriate to disclose information to a party in connection with the efficient provision of our services to you;
- if we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the laws, applicable code of conduct or legal process served on us in relation to our business or web site;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of Platinum Transportation Services, LLC;
- if we consider it necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply the terms of any of our agreements with you;
- to contractors providing licensed collections services, credit card payment processing and CRM services, who comply with our privacy and security policies;
- if we sell our business or part of it; and
- in extreme circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of Platinum Transportation Services, LLC services, its web site, our staff or the public.
Security of Your Personal Information
Platinum Transportation Services, LLC has implemented security features in our database to protect your personal information from unauthorized access. We utilize cloud based servers, through a third party. The servers are in a controlled, secured environment. Only staff who need to have access to your personal information in order to perform their job function are authorized to access the database. Due to constant changes to the Internet and technology, means that we cannot guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure, or safe from attack by unauthorized intruders. We will take all reasonable steps, and our third party vendors, to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services, including credit card information. We will also make our best efforts to ensure information security on our systems. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorized access to your personal information.
All transactions are secured by 128 bit SSL encryption. SSL technology encodes information as it is being sent over the Internet, helping to ensure that the information transmitted remains confidential. Our vendor servers are deployed to Amazon Web Services (AWS), which is a PCI DSS Level 1 compliant provider and provides a certified infrastructure for storing, processing, and transmitting credit card information.
Other Disclosure By You
You should never reveal your password. If you lose control of your password, you may lose control over your personal information and may be liable for actions taken on your behalf by anyone using your password and/or personal information. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change it.
If any vendor, supplier, consumer, agent or reseller collects personal information which keeps on personal servers as part of your service (including email), you alone are responsible for compliance with the Privacy Act of 1974, in respect of that information. Platinum Transportation Services, LLC takes no responsibility for your actions with personal information you collect.
Accessing Your Personal Information
From time to time you may need to update your personal information. Platinum Transportation Services, LLC keeps this information in a secure environment which you can access through our website. Platinum Transportation Services, LLC does not have access to your password.
Platinum Transportation Services, LLC does not knowingly collect, use or market any information to children. We also urge you to familiarize yourself with your legal responsibilities with regard to children and the Internet.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our procedures, please contact our Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly respond to your complaint. If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction within a reasonable time, you may refer the complaint to the Better Business Bureau.
Statement of Ownership
This is to certify that this website is owned and run by Platinum Transportation Services, LLC.
US DOT #2950469